Role Notes are specific notes linked to on-call roles in an organization's scheduling system. Administrators can use these notes to provide additional context for on-call roles. These notes can have two visibility settings:
- public: viewable by department staff
- private: restricted to administrators only
They serve as a means to convey crucial details or updates related to on-call roles, ensuring that department staff can access essential information pertaining to their responsibilities. Role Notes are conveniently accessible within the scheduling system by selecting the relevant on-call department and role, facilitating improved communication and awareness in the organization's scheduling processes.
*Role notes can only be edited through Admin Portal by organization and department administrators.
To Start a Role Note
- On admin portal, click on Scheduling
- Hover over the Role Notes row and the role that you need to add a note. An "Add notes" button will pop up.
- Click the “Add notes” button, a dialog box will appear. Add your note (maximum 1,000 characters) in the dialog box
- Set the visibility of the note as either "Public" or "Private" using the provided dropdown menu. By default, visibility is set to "Public”.
Note here public notes means this role notes will be visible to everyone in my organization, while private indicate this notes is only visible to the person associate with this position and the admin
- Click on the Add notes in the bottom right to publish the note, or click “Discard” to discard the note
Follow the below steps to delete, add or modify notes:
- Hover over the notes you want edit or review. The full note will show and click on "Open & edit notes".
- Click on the “...” to start editing notes
- Click on the "Edit Note" option from the menu.
Modify the content of the note or adjust the visibility of the note as either "Public" or "Private". The default visibility setting is often "Public."
Click on the "Update" button to save the changes. You will see a confirmation that the note has been updated successfully.
Any new notes I add will appear in a new input field above the existing notes. Notes are ordered by create date, with the most recent note displayed at the top.