How long are my messages stored?
Messages that are sent through Hypercare are stored a secured data base for a varying period of time and are dependent on the requirements of each organization. When organizations decide to partner with Hypercare, the terms and conditions are discussed in further detail and decisions are made around the storage of messages. For some organizations, members of the administrative team may conduct messaging audits to ensure that organizational policies and procedures are upheld.
Can I delete my previous messages?
Users are unable to delete previous messages from the Hypercare app. Once messages have been sent, they will remain in our database for a period of time that has been discussed with the organization. However, users are able to “archive” messages to store any selected chats under the “Archive Chats” interface.
Can I send messages to other clinicians from different healthcare institutions?
Hypercare recognizes the importance of effectively communicating with various members of the interdisciplinary team to improve efficiency and maximize patient health outcomes. To communicate with other members from different organizations, users can either invite those specific individuals to the same organization in the Hypercare app or they can go into the other organization.
Please note that Hypercare is currently working on a solution to improve the communication process so that staff members from different organizations can easily communicate on the Hypercare app as long as they have a registered account. Please check back at a later date for more information.
How do I send a failed message?
Depending on the user’s internet connectivity, messages that are sent through Hypercare may fail to be delivered to the recipient. Failed messages can be identified with a “Failed. Tap to retry” text underneath the intended message. To attempt to resend the message, simply tap on the intended message and if the message has been delivered, the “Failed” text shall disappear.
How do I send an emoji on the app?
Although Hypercare does not have custom emojis on the app, our team has seamlessly integrated with iOS and android devices to enable the sharing of emojis in Hypercare chats. To send an emoji, please follow the subsequent steps:
- Open the Hypercare app and select the “Chats” icon.
- Select on the “Type a Message” textbox. Your keyboard will pop-up and you can access your device’s emojis under the happy face icon.
- Send your desired emojis.
How do I ensure that my messages are received and acknowledged?
With regards to traditional paging methods, it may be difficult to know if pages have been received and/or acknowledged by the corresponding recipient. Hypercare recognizes that this can be extremely frustrating, inefficient, and unsafe for clinical practice as it resembles a game of “phone tag”. To ensure that messages have been delivered to the intended recipient, your message will be displayed in blue.
To ensure that your message has been acknowledged by the recipient, a “Read By…” text will appear under the message you’ve sent.
To view further information about your message, hold down on the message, and select “Message Detail” from the pop-up. Here, users can access information about their message in greater detail including:
- The date at which the message was sent
- The timestamp on the message
- Name of the sender
- Group members who have read the message
- Group members who have received the message
How do I forward a message?
Currently, Hypercare does not have a feature that directly forwards messages to other members of the organization. To forward a message, please follow the subsequent steps:
- Open the Hypercare app and select on the “Chats” icon.
- Open the desired chat and locate the message that you would like to forward.
- Hold down on the message until a pop-up appears at the bottom of your screen.
- Select “Copy”.
- Select the “Back” icon at the top left corner of the screen to return to your main Chat page.
- Locate and select the chat that you would like to forward this message to.
- Hold down on the “Type a Message” text box and select “Paste”.
- Select the arrow icon to send the message. This message will be a duplicate of the message that you had sent in your previous chat.