Measures users can take to ensure information shared on Hypercare is kept private and confidential
The app has multiple safeguards embedding within its design to ensure that all communication through the app is secure and in compliance with the Personal Health Information Protection Act of Ontario (PHIPA) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
There are some responsibilities of our users to help keep information safe and compliant:
- In the event of a lost device, please report to Hypercare support & your IT administrator within one hour.
- Always follow local healthcare regulations on Hypercare (e.g. only discuss patient information with those directly in the circle of care)
- Never share your Hypercare password
- Never share your Hypercare PIN code
- Ensure your phone is password protected, and do not share that pin code
- Do not add any friend or family members to biometrics for your phone
- Always be aware of your surroundings, be mindful of whether people are looking over your shoulder.
- Log out of shared workstations to prevent unauthorized access