Before you begin:
- Priority messaging should be only reserved for TIME-SENSITIVE issues. Any CRITICAL issue should always be attempted in person / over phone call if possible.
- Priority messaging triggers a distinctive tone/sound on iPhone and Android devices when the ringer settings are on. Due to the limitations of the phone operating systems, we have no way of bypassing the settings.
Instructions to send a priority message
- Select the intended recipient from the starting chat screen or open an existing chat
- Once on the messaging screen, tap the exclamation icon (!). The icon will then be highlighted indicating the message will be sent as priority.
- Type your message and hit send. Your message should now be in a yellow message bubble with an indicator allowing the other recipient and yourself to understand the urgency.
The video below provides a visual of how to send a priority message